The Executive Board of the AGBU Montreal Chapter is comprised of:
Chahé Tanachian (Chairman)
Silva Mangassarian (Vice-chairwoman)
Harout Koumrouyan (Vice-chairman)
Hagop Arslanian (Secretary)
Varoujan Artokun (Treasurer)
Silvin Nerguizian (Vice-Secretary)
Ara Nahabedian (Councilor)
Lena Beudjekian (Councilor)
Vrouyr Makalian (Councilor)
Nora Ketibian (Councilor)
Michael Manoukian (Councilor)
The Executive Board officially started its term on May 1st, 2014. It has defined its mission as follows:
- Continue serving the Armenian community.
- Fully support the mission of the AGBU Alex Manoogian School, recognizing the vital importance of the Armenian school in the upbringing of the younger generation
- Reorganize and improve the Chapter’s structure and administration.
- Continue supporting the ongoing fundraising efforts and extend a helping hand to our brothers and sisters in Syria, in line with the AGBU’s long-standing commitment to humanitarian assistance.
- On the eve of the 100th anniversary of the commemoration of the Armenian Genocide, continue the work for the just resolution of the Armenian Cause with renewed commitment.
- Promote the recognition of the Nagorno-Karabagh Republic in Canada and continue to support the bilateral initiatives of the Republic of Armenia through the Embassy in Ottawa.