To maintain your health and optimism, participate in the weekly meetings of the Golden Age Club at the AGBU Alex Manoogian Centre.
Founded in 1974, the AGBU Golden Age Club has been providing a varied program every Wednesday for over forty years. Its exceptional work has twice been commended by the Québec ministry of public health.
- Song, dance and physical exercise (gym)
- Enjoying the day in good company
- Presentation of Armenian films (DVD)
- Games: cards, tric-trac, bingo.
- Lunch offered for free every 1st Wednesday of the month to all members of the Golden Age Club. Hot soup served every Wednesday in cold weather.
- Requiem meals for loved ones, blessed by the priest.
- Celebration of birthdays every month, and special celebrations to mark key dates.
- Summer excursions across Quebec, at the Tulips Festival in Ottawa, the casino, on cruises and sugar shacks.
- Participation in various religious ceremonies at Church.
- Special events for holidays such as Mothers’ Day, Fathers’ Day, New Year’s, Christmas, Easter, Valentine’s Day, Halloween, etc., with the participation of guest speakers, Armenian artists and students of the Alex Manoogian school.
- Information sessions on health, medication and hygiene by medical professionels, flu vaccinations offered on site.
- Transporation offered, by bus or private vehicles.